Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups shredded Cheddar
1 cup Buffalo-style hot sauce, plus more for serving
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
16 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons blue cheese dressingAdd to Shopping List
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the Cheddar, 1/3 cup of the hot sauce, white parts of the scallions and cumin in a large bowl until well combined. Stir together the butter, remaining 2/3 cup hot sauce and 3 tablespoons water in a medium bowl.
- Microwave the tortillas in batches until warm, softened and foldable, about 30 seconds. Keep warm between damp paper towels.
- Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and roll up. Place them side by side, seam-side down, in the prepared pan. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Cheddar and the blue cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallion greens. Serve with more hot sauce.
You can also use 4 cups shredded cooked turkey.
Chicken Scampi Pasta
1 pound thinly-sliced chicken cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
3 tablespoons olive oil
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup dry white wine
12 ounces angel hair pasta
1 teaspoon lemon zest plus the juice of 1 large lemon
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Sprinkle the chicken with some salt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then add the oil. Working in 2 batches, brown the chicken until golden but not cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in the skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic just begins to turn golden at the edges, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until very al dente, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta and 3/4 cup pasta water to the skillet along with the chicken, lemon zest and juice and the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Return the skillet to medium-low heat and gently stir the pasta until the butter is melted, adding the remaining 1/4 pasta water if the pasta seems too dry. Remove the skillet from the heat, sprinkle with the grated cheese and parsley and toss before serving.